Industrial Indexing Systems is a supplier of turnkey automation systems specializing in mechatronic type systems that include mechanics, motion control, and software. There is a position available for an application engineer to develop solutions related to customer machinery.
• Analyze machines for hardware and program requirements.
• Generate application programs for customer machines.
• Provide startup assistance to ensure products are successfully implemented to customer machines.
• Generate sample programs for sales and customer demos.
• Create test plans for new product development.
• Travel for installation, startup, and field service expected to be 50%. Majority is domestic with some international as well.
• Update and support existing systems remotely.
• BSEE, BSEET or equivalent with 5+ years experience in motion control systems for machinery.
• Having a good understanding of machine control systems both from an electrical and mechanical standpoint. Capable of solving issues that are not always electrical.
• Strong knowledge of motion control, field busses, robots, HMI’s and machine programming experience.
• Good programming skills and practical experience in working with Windows and the Microsoft Development Suite. (VB, and C#)
• Practical experience in working with power electric drive systems and motors with knowledge of machine safety concepts, strategies and standards.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as a positive attitude and responsiveness toward customers.
• Self-motivated and capable of working in a project team environment
• Ability to understand electrical schematics, as well as create cabinet electrical drawings for systems.