Industrial Indexing Systems is a supplier of turnkey automation systems specializing in mechatronic type systems that include mechanics, motion control, and software. There is a position available for a design engineer with hardware and firmware capabilities in the area of product development.
• Participate in new product concepts and assist in the development of hardware specifications.
• Develop system requirements and architectures; design, review, test, and debug of analog and digital electronics. Requires familiarity with microprocessor, DSP, FPGA, and embedded system design. Conduct design reviews.
• Design, implement, and document firmware or software required for product development.
• Write and analyze test plans, conduct design tests and evaluate test results.
• Prepare and maintain product documentation, including data sheets, instruction manuals, project notebooks, design and test documentation.
• Provide product cost estimates. Generate and maintain accurate Bills of Material.
• BSEE with 5+ years experience in embedded systems and high speed digital circuit design.
• Strong knowledge of motion control and communication networks such as SERCOS II & III, DeviceNet, Ethernet, and Modbus.
• Knowledge of UL, CE, NEC and NFPA codes.
• Strong C/C++ programming skills with real-time operating system experience.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as a positive attitude and responsiveness toward customers.
• Self-motivated and capable of working in a project team environment.