Sales Engineer – March 2022
We are looking for a “tech-know-edge” sales engineer to assist with selling complex technical products and services. Possess knowledge of our company’s specialized products, relate this knowledge to non-technical customers, and be driven to achieve your goals using excellent sales and customer service skills. We need a sales engineer thriving to close deals where software and hardware technical expertise is required to satisfy the client’s needs.
Our sales engineer will be able to:
- Educate customers about our company’s hardware and software products and services through technical presentations.
- Discuss equipment needs and system requirements with customers and engineers.
- Understand customer requirements, provide technical support, and collaborate with sales teams.
- Follow up after initial contact to generate sales leads.
- Secure the orders, negotiate the prices, complete the sales, and coordinate with the production department to arrange deliveries.
- Assist customers who have problems with installed products and recommend improved or upgraded materials for their system.
- Solicit client feedback and evaluate the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers.
- Develop product demonstrations for live and video presentations.
- Identify areas for improvement and communicate issues and possible solutions to upper management.
- Set and achieve sales goals and quotas.
- Train other sales team members on the technical aspects of the company’s products and services.
Our sales engineer will need the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or a related field with three years of experience in sales and the automation controls area.
- Skills demonstrating accurate communication, comprehensive customer service, and sales skills.
- The ability to relate and provide non-technical customers with technical information.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership and team-building skills.
- Willingness to continue your sales and engineering education.
At Industrial Indexing Systems, Inc., our employees take pride in what we accomplish every day to deliver servo motion control products to our customers. Working at Industrial Indexing Systems, you can expect competitive salaries, excellent benefits, a work environment that encourages personal growth, and a collaborative culture that empowers its employees.