Luminary Series servo drives offer an alternative to OEMs, and a cost-competitive alternative to stepper control systems.
Luminary Series Servo Drives provide the OEM market with a low cost but high performance servo drive for use in applications such as x-y tables, actuators, roll feeders, or any requirement where true position, velocity and torque control are desired. The Luminary Series is a cost competitive alternative to stepper control systems.
LD-330 and LD-500 Drive Features
- Two Drive Sizes: 3.3 amp and 5.0 amp rms continuous at 45°C
- Integral Power Supply – Line input voltage range: 100 – 240vac
- +/- 10v analog control input with sinusoidal drive output for smooth torque and velocity control
- Option card interface for customized OEM digital drive communications
- Four optically isolated 24vdc digital inputs
- Two optically isolated 24vdc digital outputs
- Motor encoder input, 5vdc, quadrature, ABZ/UVW
- Repeater output of encoder feedback for interfacing to an analog position controller
- Easy setup for your motor and drive configuration
- Optional: ISOCOMM1 – Factory communication interface for updating firmware and motor parameters
The versatile Luminary drives, LD-330 and the LD-500, are digitally controlled and will drive low cost servomotors up to 1000 watts. A standard analog input interface with encoder feedback provide the basic needs of a servomotor drive system. Input selectable velocity or torque mode provides real-time dynamic control.
Optional adaptor cards can piggy-back onto the drive to provide various standard or custom digital control schemes. Currently the IIS drive network option card is available for multi-axis connectivity.
A development port connector, for access by the OEM, uses the ISOCOMM1 interface adapter. The ISOCOMM1 provides an isolated Rs232 connection to your PC.
Easy to use PC based L-Drive software for commissioning the system, available at no extra cost, is used for setting up motor/ drive parameters and tuning the motor response to the load. Once set, the configuration firmware resides on the board giving the board the correct personality for the motor it will drive.